Express Scribe is the most popular Software among professional transcribers. This software is designed to provide the best quality of audio files for the professional transcriber Although this is the fastest and most trending application in the software industry.
This software has a free and paid version. It can be installed on your PC and MAC operating system as well. By using this software you will be able to control Hotkeys, Foot pedal control, and file management by linking your keyboard.
It can support many popular formats like WAV, MP3, and WMA, etc. However, Express Scribe free version provides you facility of Foot pedal support and offers you to play many audio files that contain different formats.
Initially, this application provides you some free features for the trail but limited features . After that trial period, users need to purchase these features to continue with their software rather than same application.
This software is most widely used for
- Medical Transcription
- Legal Transcription
- Video Transcription
Features of Express Scribe:
- Playback audio file: It allows you to choose the playback audio file type according to your typing speed.
- Speedup playbacks: It offers you many different Speed playbacks.
- Speech to Text: It gives you speech to text integration.
- Supporting Formats: It supports all popular audio file formats but including many encrypted files.
- Communication Path: It sets a communication path among the sender and receiver because it can automatically send the transcription to people who already send work to it.
- Hand Free: It keeps your hand free from typing work because it supports USB foot Pedals to control playback files.
Express scribe 5.55 free download for Window:
Please Check the below link and download the software:
Express scribe 5.55 free download for Mac:
Visit the following link and download the application:
Express scribe Free Vs Pro
The following Features Clear the difference of Free Vs Pro of this Software.
|Auto Edge Foot Pedal||Yes||Yes|
|Non-AltoEdge Foot Pedals
e.g. VEC, Vpedal, etc
|DCT (encrypted dictation)||Yes||Yes|
|MP3, WAV, WMA, AIFF, MP2, VOX||Yes||Yes|
|DSS (Digital Speech Standard)
|Sony Recorder formats (MSV, dvf)||No||Yes|
|Philips, Grundig, Olympus digital recorder formats||No||Yes|
|Video Playback (AVI, MOV, WMV and more)||No||Yes|
|Home Use / Small Business Use Licenses||Yes||Yes|
|Corporate / Enterprise / Government License||No||Yes|
|Technical Support Available||No||Yes|
What is a process to use this program?
Here we are providing you complete guidelines from beginning to end. Please read it carefully.
How to use Audio or video files?
- First of All, Install the Setup files carefully.
- After successful installation, Open the application.
- You can Set Up Global Hot-keys First, Go to Option> System-Wide Hot-Keys.
- Step up transcription foot Pedal.
- You can Load file through Open Tab or can Drag and drop audio/ video files into the player.
- Once the file is loaded but now you can use Keyboard Hotkeys or foot pedal to control playback.
- By Default, the mentioned Hotkeys are used for the following Purpose. i.e F9 is for recording, F4 is Stop, F7 is Rewind, F8 to forward
How to express Scribe With foot pedal?
Foot pedals are used to control playback with your feet. You can easily shave off 1 to 2 hours from your turn around time while processing the file.
This gadget is not freely available in any shop. Inspite of you have to purchase it from a well-reputed online shopping website like Amazon USA and Amazon UK.
- After purchasing a foot pedal. Open the application.
- Select from top bar menu, Options> Controller> Controller Setup Wizard
- Wizard, Your USB foot pedal will show up in the list of “Plug and Play” devices.
- Plug and Play, you will move to the controller property page.
- clicking the next button but you will get the controller command map/test page
- After that press, the Pedal on your foot pedal, and will show you the pressed button.
- click on the finished button.
Add time Stamps While using express Scribe?
For professional transcribers to add time Stamps give you incredible quality for your client review but it improves your accuracy in the final transcript review.
The following steps explain the Time Stamps:
- Open the application.
- After opening the application click on System-wide-Hot-Keys.
- Click on the checkbox to enable System-wide-Hot-Keys.
- Click on the add new button, It will add a new hotkey.
- From the drop-down list under command, Select copy time.
- click on the change button under the hotkey
- Press the key dialog box while ask you to press a single or combination of keys.
- Press any key from the keyboard but it will be quicker to reach.
- click on the OK button to finish the process.
What are the System Requirement and Hardware Support of Express Scribe?
|System Requirement||Hardware Support|
|● This application Works on Windows 7, XP, Vista, 8, 8.1 and 10
● This application Works on 64 bit Windows
● This application work on Mac OS X 10.5 or above
● This application has a Sound Card or Integrated Sound Support
|● AltoEdge USB Foot Pedal
● Infinity USB Foot Pedal*
● VPE USB Foot Pedal*
● Olympus RS27 Foot Pedal*
● 3 Pedal Waterproof Foot Control*
● USB Dictation Controller*
● USB vDictate*
● USB Philips Speechmike Controllers*